I have a maundering brain today. Here’s a preview, with my deepest apologies:
- Gloomy day. Grey clouds, persistent rain, but not terribly cold.
- Going slightly crazy. Shut indoors. Home-schooled children who open the fridge and pantry with alarming regularity, looking for food. I guess they’re bored and going crazy too, but jayzuz!
- Need to visit the hairdresser: grey roots on display, hair in need of a colour, highlights, trim and a de-bulking cut.
- Yesterday, I shifted the car in my street. Driving felt so unnatural, for a brief moment I wondered if I could I still execute a perfect parallel park. The answer: of course!
- Working from home, but creativity and fluid ideas have dried up. And when it starts to flow, it becomes rudely interrupted by above-mentioned children seeking food.
- Want to go out. Wear nice clothes, greet friends with a hug and kiss. Share a meal, a bottle of wine, enjoy a night of laughs, and long catch-up chats.
- Wondering when we’ll have restrictions lifted here in Victoria, and please God, can the children go back to school SOON.
I guess I’m feeling despondent today.
But Our Girl has left me with one of her Beanie Boos (Google it), called Owlette, to keep me company. Not a coyote, sorry, not even certain if such an animal is part of the collection. Anyhow, Owlette is sitting beside me, cheering and urging me on with her huge eyes, gold beak and talons, and soft grey polyester fur. She makes for a nice, quiet companion.